Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation so that your doctor can review your medical history, perform a thorough examination and diagnosis your problem. In addition, this visit will allow our treatment coordinators to discuss your treatment plan and review your insurance benefits with you. Occasionally, surgery can be performed on the same day; however, complex treatment plans and medical issues may require that treatment be performed at your next visit. Certain types of surgical care necessitate a consultation visit prior to surgery.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy,blood thinners, bisphosphonates, insulin, etc.).
Please bring the following items with you at your initial appointment:
- Referral card from your dentist or physician
- X-rays taken by your dentist or physician. If you do not have X-rays at your initial appointment, we can arrange to have pertinent X-rays taken at our facility.
- Medical and dental insurance cards, if applicable
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Insurance referral (if required by your insurance carrier)